We assist our clients by providing detailed advice regarding all aspects of their matter, conducting litigation on their behalf as well as representing our clients at court.
We take a thorough and sympathetic approach in helping landlords, tenants and residential occupiers with a wide range of housing issues such as repossession, unlawful eviction, disrepair, homelessness and also provide general tenancy advice.
Renting property is complicated and it is important for landlords to understand the law so that they are fully aware of their obligations and duties to their tenants, and of the correct procedures regarding beginning and ending tenancies. This way landlords may avoid unnecessary costs and delays or any actions being taken against them by their tenants.
Our team advise and assist landlords with a wide number of issues including:
- Drafting tenancies
- Tenancy deposit schemes and related issues
- Bringing possession proceedings and evicting tenants
- Disrepair and Environmental Protection Act issues
- Injunction and committal proceedings
We have a great deal of experience assisting tenants of local authorities, housing associations and private landlords with a variety of issues relating to their tenancy. Our team advise and assist tenants with:
- Possession – including applications to set aside possession orders and suspend warrants for eviction
- Disrepair actions in the County Court against local authorities, housing associations and private landlords
- Homelessness – including applications as homeless, reviews and appeals regarding the suitability of temporary accommodation
- Unlawful eviction and harassment – including injunctions for re-entry and to prevent harassment and damages claims